Monday, July 2, 2012

Question to readers

Dearest Reader,
(and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading the book: The Greening  as well as this blog.)

I have a question for you, dear reader.  I am working steadily on the second book in the Green Man series --tentatively titled: The Growing.   Do you like the murder sooner than later in the book?  In an article I was reading recently, one of the 'top ten tips' for mystery writing stated to have the murder happen within the first three chapters of the book.  Do you feel this way? 

Personally, I love being sucked into a story, word by word, paragraph by paragraph and page by page...  To be honest, in the new book, the murder currently stands at about Chapter 13 or page 125. Is this a problem? 

I look forward to answers.  I'm hoping someone is reading out there in the continuum!
Below is a Green Man pic for the day.
Sincerely,
Sharon
 from: http://incanroads.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment