Friday, June 28, 2013

Antique Green Men in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

I had the opportunity to visit the "City of Brotherly Love" today -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA to see Isaiah Zagar's incredible art at his "Magic Garden."  See: http://www.philadelphiasmagicgardens.org/

While perusing South Street, my friends and I found: C. Neri - Antiques and Lighting.  It's a fabulous antique store crowded with many treasures.  In the dark, dusky and dusty upstairs, I commented that this was the kind of place where one could find Green Man furniture.  I moved a stack of books and there it was:

 
 
With further sleuthing we found six leather chairs with Green Man carvings:

 
and an incredible Green Man chandelier:

 
 
 
Unfortunately, I was not able to purchase these items, but if you're interested, visit:
C. Neri Antiques & Lighting
313 South Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19147
USA
215.923.6669
 
Someday...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment